Skip to main content Skip to footer

Conditional Use Permits

When someone wants to locate a particular land use in an area where it would not normally be allowed, they can request a conditional use permit by filling out an application and submitting it to the Assistant City Manager. These permits are reviewed by the Planning and Zoning Commission  and then approved or denied by the City Council . Conditional Use Permits often have conditions attached to them and may only be valid for a limit time. They are also only granted to a specific person and do not remain in place if that person sells the subject property. 

Contact Information

Engineering and Inspections Administration
1100 Main Street
Mount Vernon IL 62864

Phone (618) 242 - 6830

Office Hours

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Brad Ruble
City Engineer

Kevin Gatewood
Building Inspector


This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.